A Royal commission

Hooper technical drawing NO. 8077a Hooper laundaulette DE 36 hp Daimler

The original technical drawing for our Daimler, created by Hooper and Co. in 1948. You can see the King's modifications to the landau and rear side window in red ink.

The original technical drawing for our Daimler, created by Hooper and Co. in 1948. You can see the King’s modifications to the landau and rear side window in red ink.

A Hooper technical drawing NO. 8077a Hooper laundaulette DE 36 hp Daimler, on a white backgrond.

Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Hooper technical drawing NO. 8077a Hooper laundaulette DE 36 hp Daimler

1. Manuel Hermosillo says:

Dear Laura,

I´m a specialist model maker and a Daimler enthusiast. I´m very excited about your drawing being published in the web for I´ve been researching the Australian Tour Daimlers for long time.
    Would you agree to scan this drawing to use it for a model?

Best regards

Manuel.

• Laura Breen says:

Hello Manuel

Thanks for your comment, I’m very pleased to hear that the drawing is of interest. Of course, we’d be happy to help out. What sort of quality are you looking for? I can email you the jpg version, which is pretty good, or we can also arrange for a higher resolution version. We’d also love to see a pic of the results of your efforts!

2. Jason Wells says:

Hi, I would just like to seek permission to use the image of the technical drawing in our local historical journal as part of commemorative jubilee edition.
    Regards,

• Laura Breen says:

Hello there Jason

Many thanks for your interest in the original drawing! I’m sure that will be fine – could I ask you to get in touch with our Copyright and Production Services manager directly with your request? Denis French can be contacted on image at nma.gov.au – he’ll be able to provide the permission, and I’ve asked him to keep an eye out for your email. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

3. Ruth Ross says:

Laura, Does the collection have a jacket worn by one of the drivers who was well over 6′. The jacket is in near mint condition.

• Laura Breen says:

Hello Ruth, and thanks very much for your comment. No, sadly we don’t have any objects in the collection relating to the Royal Visit Car Company drivers, and I’ve been unable to find out much information about them so far. The jacket you mention sounds interesting – do you have a family connection?

• Ruth Ross says:

It belonged to my husbands Uncle, Sgt. William Ross, who drove for the Queen in Sydney on that visit. He would have driven one of the Daimliars,William was a recipiant of the Military Medal, I am sure you can look him up in the official records. I am not sure yet what my husband wishes to do with the jacket at this stage. For further contact please use my home e-mail.