Audio on demand
Welcome to Menagerie
Nicole Foreshew, Danie Mellor and Alisa Duff
26 July 2012
Award-winning artist Danie Mellor and Object: Australian Design Centre curator Nicole Foreshew discuss the development of and ongoing interest in this exhibition of contemporary Indigenous sculpture depicting a variety of native Australian animals.
- Policy mismatch and Aboriginal art centres: The tension between economic independence and community developmentGretchen Stolte, Australian National University
- A new ritual in contemporary Aboriginal artDr Sally Butler, University of Queensland
- Into the west: Torres Strait Islander railway workers, migration and belongingDr Shino Konishi, Australian National University
- New Encounters public panel discussionDr Richard West Jr, Professor Paul Tapsell, Dr Dawn Casey, Dr Richard Luarkie and Associate Professor David Garneau with ABC presenter Geraldine Doogue.
- Evidently not!Mike Pickering, National Museum of Australia