Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Footprints in the sand: Banks’ Maori collection, Cook’s first voyage 1768-1771Paul Tapsell, Auckland War Memorial Museum, New Zealand
- Door to store: Registration and the Springfield collectionSara Kelly, Patrick Baum and Anne Kelly, National Museum of Australia
- Objects to stories: using thematic studies to develop exhibitions at volunteer museums in the Port Macquarie-Hastings regionLiz Gillroy, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council
- Internment during World War I in AustraliaNadine Helmi, author; Jono Lineen, National Museum of Australia
- Research in free-choice learning Dr Lynn Dierking and Dr John Falk