Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- The Pigott inquiry and country museums in AustraliaAnne-Marie Condé, National Museum of Australia
- Symbols of Australia public forum with Rod QuantockMelissa Harper, Shino Konishi, Rod Quantock, Peter Spearritt, Linda Thompson and Richard White
- Travelling the Silk Road: public conversationDr Ken Parry, Joyce Morgan and Dr Mike Pickering
- Showcases II – examples of material culture research in museumsMatthew Churchward, Dr Ian Coates, Erika Dicker, Karen Schamberger and Craig Wilcox
- Open mike sessionPeter Stanley, Calogero Santoro, Alan Williams, Ingreth McFarlane, John Wilkinson, Jim Bowler, Ann Robb, Isabel McBryde, Marg Friedel, Sue Castrique, Manik Dataar and Dr Mike Smith