Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- The Pigott inquiry and country museums in AustraliaAnne-Marie Condé, National Museum of Australia
- Early curatorial career at the South Australian MuseumDr Philip Jones, South Australian Museum
- Brushed with fame: museological investments in the Cook voyage collectionsLissant Bolton, British Museum, United Kingdom
- New Encounters public panel discussionDr Richard West Jr, Professor Paul Tapsell, Dr Dawn Casey, Dr Richard Luarkie and Associate Professor David Garneau with ABC presenter Geraldine Doogue
- Dead museum animals: from ‘order of nature’ to chaos of cultureDr Libby Robin, National Museum of Australia