Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- A portrait of Bob EdwardsDoug Hall, Commissioner for the Venice Biennale and former Director, Queensland Art Gallery
- Open mike sessionPeter Stanley, Calogero Santoro, Alan Williams, Ingreth McFarlane, John Wilkinson, Jim Bowler, Ann Robb, Isabel McBryde, Marg Friedel, Sue Castrique, Manik Dataar and Dr Mike Smith
- Caring for collections – welcome and keynote addressDr Philip Jones, South Australian Museum and Louise Douglas, National Museum of Australia
- Design inspirations behind the Museum buildingSue Dove, Coffey Projects
- Landmark Women: Daryl KarpDaryl Karp, Director, Museum of Australian Democracy (MOAD)