Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Defining Moments in sports panel discussionWallaroo rugby union player Louise Burrows, author John Harms, Australian Rugby League Commissioner Dr Chris Sarra, former Matildas player Sally Shipard and Olympic swimmer Christian Sprenger with ABC RN presenter Paul Barclay
- ‘Gone to Navy’: Defending Australia, 1913Dr Peter Stanley, University of New South Wales Canberra, and Dr David Stevens, Sea Power Centre Australia
- The Shattered AnzacKaty Mutton, visual artist; Dr Elizabeth Roberts-Pedersen, University of Western Sydney
- Open mike sessionPeter Stanley, Calogero Santoro, Alan Williams, Ingreth McFarlane, John Wilkinson, Jim Bowler, Ann Robb, Isabel McBryde, Marg Friedel, Sue Castrique, Manik Dataar and Dr Mike Smith
- A market for memories: understanding public history at the Mindil Beach site in DarwinDr Mickey Dewar