Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Country, memory and art: Understanding Indigenous artHoward Morphy, John Carty and Dr Michael Pickering
- These are modern dreamtime stories!Stephen Hagan, Gordon Syron and Sam Wagan Watson
- A sum of many parts: the history of the National Historical CollectionGuy Hansen, National Museum of Australia
- September 11: Museums, spontaneous memorial and historyJames Gardner, National Museum of American History, Washington DC
- Public conversation: Bowled over by Gideon HaighGideon Haigh and John Harms