Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- New Encounters June Oscar keynote presentationJune Oscar AO, CEO, Marninwarntikura Fitzroy Women’s Resource Centre
- Encounters with wondrous things: the historical significance of the Cook-Forster CollectionProfessor Paul Turnbull, Griffith University
- Defining Moments in sports panel discussionWallaroo rugby union player Louise Burrows, author John Harms, Australian Rugby League Commissioner Dr Chris Sarra, former Matildas player Sally Shipard and Olympic swimmer Christian Sprenger with ABC RN presenter Paul Barclay
- War and Peace on the Home FrontDr Melanie Oppenheimer, Flinders University, and Dr Bart Ziino, Deakin University
- Women’s Defining Moments in Australian HistoryWriter, broadcaster and social commentator Jane Caro; journalist, broadcaster and author Julia Baird; historian Michelle Arrow; and lawyer and constitutional reform expert Shireen Morris; with ABC RN presenter Paul Barclay