Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Showcases II – examples of material culture research in museumsMatthew Churchward, Dr Ian Coates, Erika Dicker, Karen Schamberger and Craig Wilcox
- In the Shadow of Ebola film screening and discussionProfessor Gregg Mitman, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and chaired by Libby Robin, Senior Research Fellow, National Museum of Australia
- Risk management and light levelsNicki Smith, National Museum of Australia
- Footprints in the sand: Banks’ Maori collection, Cook’s first voyage 1768-1771Paul Tapsell, Auckland War Memorial Museum, New Zealand
- What was it like: a perspective on history in museumsBrian Crozier, Crozier Schutt Associates