Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Landmark women: Dr Jennifer GallDr Jennifer Gall, musicologist, National Film and Sound Archive
- Public conversation: Bowled over by Gideon HaighGideon Haigh and John Harms
- Objects to stories: using thematic studies to develop exhibitions at volunteer museums in the Port Macquarie-Hastings regionLiz Gillroy, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council
- A question of significanceRoslyn Russell, National Museum of Australia
- Country, memory and art: Understanding Indigenous artHoward Morphy, John Carty and Dr Michael Pickering