Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Caring for collections – welcome and keynote addressDr Philip Jones, South Australian Museum and Louise Douglas, National Museum of Australia
- Footprints in the sand: Banks’ Maori collection, Cook’s first voyage 1768-1771Paul Tapsell, Auckland War Memorial Museum, New Zealand
- Nomadic cultures, journeys and coming homeRobyn Davidson and Dr Mike Smith, National Museum of Australia
- Australia’s Official Papuan collection: Sir Hubert Murray and the how and why of a colonial collectionSylvia Schaffarczyk, Australian National University
- Collecting for the future: a collections development plan for the National Historical CollectionMathew Trinca, National Museum of Australia