Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- These are modern dreamtime stories!Stephen Hagan, Gordon Syron and Sam Wagan Watson
- Indigenous cultural belongings in the museum and the work of figurative repatriationDr Jennifer Kramer, Curator of the Pacific Northwest, Museum of Anthropology and Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- The future of museum multimediaCarol Cartwright, Nicole Ma, Michael Hill and Tikka Wilson
- No presence in the case: looking for Tahiti in world museumsDr Jenny Newell, National Museum of Australia
- In the Shadow of Ebola film screening and discussionProfessor Gregg Mitman, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and chaired by Libby Robin, Senior Research Fellow, National Museum of Australia