Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Caring for collections – welcome and keynote addressDr Philip Jones, South Australian Museum and Louise Douglas, National Museum of Australia
- Brushed with fame: museological investments in the Cook voyage collectionsLissant Bolton, British Museum, United Kingdom
- Question and answer session from Understanding and representing traumaDr Joanna Sassoon, Dr Adele Chynoweth, Dr Jay Arthur, Dr Geoffrey Megargee and Dr Mike Pickering
- Centre for the National Museum of Australia CollectionsGreer Gehrt and Eric Archer, National Museum of Australia
- Reflections on the dayMargy Burn, Michael Crayford and John Greenwood with Louise Douglas