Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- Life inside Westbrook Children’s Home, from the perspective of a survivorAlfred Fletcher and Adele Chynoweth
- Defining Moments in postwar immigration panel discussionRace Discrimination Commissioner Dr Tim Soutphommasane, former immigration minister Amanda Vanstone, media executive Marina Go, cultural consultant Tasneem Chopra and historian Frank Bongiorno with ABC RN presenter Paul Barclay
- New Encounters Sandy O’Sullivan presentationDr Sandy O’Sullivan, Director of the Centre for Collaborative First Nations’ Research, Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education, Northern Territory
- Door to store: Registration and the Springfield collectionSara Kelly, Patrick Baum and Anne Kelly, National Museum of Australia
- New Encounters public panel discussionDr Richard West Jr, Professor Paul Tapsell, Dr Dawn Casey, Dr Richard Luarkie and Associate Professor David Garneau with ABC presenter Geraldine Doogue