Audio on demand
In the national interest: the National Museum of Australia
Andrew Sayers, Director, National Museum of Australia
16 March 2011
In this National Press Club address Andrew Sayers talks about how the ideas that have shaped us as a nation, and continue to shape our thinking, can be illuminated and debated in the National Museum of Australia.
Audio courtesy of the National Press Club.
- A load of old rubbish: displaying archaeology of the modern cityDr Charlotte Smith, Museum Victoria
- Travelling the Silk Road: public conversationDr Ken Parry, Joyce Morgan and Dr Mike Pickering
- Objects to stories: using thematic studies to develop exhibitions at volunteer museums in the Port Macquarie-Hastings regionLiz Gillroy, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council
- Door to store: Caring for your family history documentsTania Riviere and Jess Wignell, National Museum of Australia, and Jenny Higgins, National Library of Australia
- Glorious Days: Australia 1913 - exhibition openingHer Excellency Quentin Bryce, Agnes Shea and Andrew Sayers