Audio on demand
How can museums help history teachers?
Dr Peter Stanley, National Museum of Australia
31 March 2010
Dr Peter Stanley, the head of the National Museum’s Research Centre, asks teachers ‘How can museum historians and curators best support history teachers?’
- New Encounters public panel discussionDr Richard West Jr, Professor Paul Tapsell, Dr Dawn Casey, Dr Richard Luarkie and Associate Professor David Garneau with ABC presenter Geraldine Doogue.
- A market for memories: understanding public history at the Mindil Beach site in DarwinDr Mickey Dewar
- Risk management and light levelsNicki Smith, National Museum of Australia
- New Encounters Jim Enote keynote presentationJim Enote, Director, A:shiwi A:wan Museum and Heritage Centre, New Mexico
- Showcases II – examples of material culture research in museumsMatthew Churchward, Dr Ian Coates, Erika Dicker, Karen Schamberger and Craig Wilcox